One of the problems of most owners dread is water damage. The risk of this type of damage increases when it rains heavily. When water gushes, it can cause thousands or even millions of dollars’ worth of damage in wood furniture, electronics, appliances, and other equipment. It can also increase the damage through mold growth, which is a very costly problem to amend. Hiring ServiceMaster by PWF, a water damage restoration company, can make the cleanup process much easier to handle, as they employ experienced workers who know the best ways to repair or replace damaged items and help with water damage clean up.
Possible water damage may occur whenever and however water starts to enter your home. The effects of water damage can come from a variety of different sources and effects that comes from unwanted water in your home can stay fairly constant.
Causes of Water Damage
There are a lot of possible causes for your home’s water damage. A few of the most common water damage sources are broken appliances and other equipment in your home. It may be from leaking sinks to disconnected washer hoses to leaking pipes. Take note that whenever there are pipes and appliances that use water, there is always a danger of water damage. Another cause could come from the outside of your humble abode. Water seeping into your home, improper drainage systems, and flash floods are all causes of water damage. Storms and floods can wreck havoc into your home and cause damage that could be worse if your home doesn’t have the proper waterproofing.
- Damaged wiring, appliances and gas lines–no matter how severe calamity effects are during clean up, you should always turn off electrical and gas services to avoid electrocution or gas leaks that could cause explosion. Rewiring and installation of new gas lines may be needed if the former ones have been damaged by the flood, to get your home back and running. The cost to replace water heater, dryers, washers and other appliances has to be considered.
- Growth and spreading of mildew and molds are one of the worst effects of water damage. Mold growth starts within 24 to 48 hours after the flood has dried up and you can see it in water-logged areas.
- Molds doesn’t only affect your home’s structural integrity but can also harm you and your family’s health in the form of allergic reactions and the like, especially if an individual has a low immune system. It’s better to get rid of molds as soon as possible by calling ServiceMaster by PWF.
- Contamination of black water is one of the huge effects that can occur from water damage. It is the worst type of water that can enter your home since it contains pathogens that can cause serious illnesses if ingested.
- Water damage can extend beyond any scenario. If you do experience water damage, you should contact ServiceMaster by PWF, your water damage restoration company.
Water damage can bring huge consequences to your home and bring extreme damage to your appliances and other home equipment. The primary effects of water damage are molds and mildew. If not given immediate attention by ServiceMaster by PWF, they can cause severe damage to home furniture and may harm your family’s health. Others think that water damage is easy to resolve but it is not. Water damage can cause gas leaks and electrocution. It’s not easy to handle and can be very costly. It is very hazardous to one’s health since it can affect a lot of things, not only structures.
If you are ready to get a water damage or mold inspection expert, contact ServiceMaster by PWF. We are a full-service water damage restoration company in Pinellas. We manage all work from the initial water removal to reconstruction. We will also provide you with 24/7/365 assistance regarding your concerns. We are one of the best water damage restoration service providers in Clearwater, St Petersburg, Oldsmar, Dunedin, Largo, Safety Harbor, Madeira Beach, Pinellas Park, St Petersburg Beach, Tarpon Springs, Treasure Island, Belleair Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, Gulfport, and Belleair Bluffs in Pinellas County. For more information on keeping your home safe from water damage, call ServiceMaster by PWF. You can contact us through our service areas: Pinellas: 813-295-7797, Ocala: 352-292-8988, Gainesville: 352-441-3020, Lake City: 386-866-3349, Duval | Clay | St. John: 904-999-4481.