Did you know a house fire can kill you in less than five minutes? If a fire occurred in your flat or block would you know what to do? Living in a high-rise building doesn’t mean you are any more at risk from fire, but it does mean you need to consider your fire safety and the impact you could have on other residents. It is important for your safety, to understand what to do in the event of a fire, whether it’s in your flat or somewhere else in the building.
Even a small fire can cause devastating damage to your building, oftentimes damaging an area much larger than the location of the fire. Smoke can leave a lingering smell; soot can spread throughout the area, discoloring the walls and furniture. You may even experience extensive water damage and flooding due to sprinklers or from the fire department putting on the fire. ServiceMaster by PWF, a fire damage restoration company in Clearwater FL will address all of these issues quickly and effectively. We are IICRC Certified firm in Clearwater FL restoring your home or office and cover every aspect of the restoration so you have less to worry about.
Everyone needs to know what to do if a fire occurs. If you hear a smoke alarm or discover a fire:
- try not to panic
- tell everyone in the house
- use your pre-planned escape route to get everyone out of the building as quickly as possible
- smoke rises, so stay low or crawl on the floor in the cleaner air where it’s easier to breathe
- do not stop to collect any valuables or possessions
- do not stop to look for pets
- if possible, close the door to the room where the fire is located and close all doors behind you as you leave (to delay the spread of fire and smoke)
- before opening a closed door, touch it with the back of your hand; do not open it if it feels warm – the fire will be on the other side
Do not go back into the building:
- find somewhere safe near the building and wait for the fire service to arrive
- if someone is still inside the building, tell the fire service and give details
- by going back into the building, you’ll prevent the fire service from doing what they need to do and put your own life at risk too
A fire incident is extremely dangerous. The immediate step to take after the fire settles is to clean up the site completely to restore your property to its former glory. At ServiceMaster by PWF, we provide fire damage restoration in Clearwater Florida quickly, effectively and efficiently without causing disruption
With years of experience in fire damage restoration in Clearwater FL, we are a trusted service. Businesses and homeowners trust us for our professional, reliable and affordable fire damage restoration following a fire incident.
All our fire damage restoration technicians are fully trained and have years of experience. We provide a 24/7 emergency call-out service to help restore your property when you need it. As a fire damage restoration service, we can reach you within 2 hours anywhere in Clearwater FL. Get in touch today! If it’s an emergency, call (866) 599-0871 right away and we will send out our team within 2 hours.